The receipt, preflight, and preparing of your graphic files is a critical step. Andex’s Prepress Department has the technology and experience to achieve project success. The following guidelines help streamline the process and speed time to market.
Preferred Software Formats:
- Adobe PDF and
- Illustrator AI or EPS
- Photoshop PSD (layered)
- Adobe Indesign
- Quark Express
- JPG, TIFF, or ESP files must be 300 dpi. PSD files are preferred to these formats
Submitting Electronic Artwork Files:
- Email: email@example.com
- FTP site: Contact your customer service rep. to request a user name and password.
Things To Do When Creating Artwork:
- Convert all fonts to outlines so the fonts aren’t needed.
- Embed all linked images.
- All text must be a minimum 4 point of any type face.
- Do not trap your files. Andex will determine the trapping required to meet the production requirements to best achieve the graphics.
- Minimum 1/8” bleed past final cut size on all sides.
- Minimum 1/16” between copy and all die cuts (internal and perimeter).
- Document color mode should be CMYK, not RGB. Andex can provide conversion but the resulting color shift may appear different than your target color.
- Specify the colors using the PMS identification system.
- Convert any unnecessary spots to process.
- Be consistent with the color you specify, for example: PANTONE 186 C
- Specify the correct Pantone Color suffix; C = Coated paper
- (i.e PMS 186 C) or U = Uncoated paper (i.e. PMS 186 U).
- Blister cards print 150 line screen.
- Skin cards print 120 line screen.
- By providing artwork electronically, the customer has assumed the responsibility for file accuracy and correctness in file preparation. The printer is not responsible or liable for material printed with customer composition errors.
- The customer is responsible for artwork that is revised by Andex and approved by the customer.
Questions? Contact your Andex Account Representative at 800-338-9882